Friday, June 24, 2011

The Star begins the attacks

The frequency in which The Star has recently made attacks on the opposition governments of Penang and Selangor is probably a sign of the inpending general elections. While we all know that The Star is controlled by MCA and being a member of the BN is also part of the Government.

Last week, in an editorial, they questioned Yayasan Selangor but in my opinion, the Pakatan government has achieved much more than the earlier BN Government if we take into account the resources available to them.

Issues on the massage centres and illegal advertisements are other issues being brought up but again who started all these in the first place?

Today, The Star brought up the issue of independent councillors. For me, this is a non issue. I think the local government today is much more transparent than in the past but still way off from being satisfactory. They seem to work harder also now.

I am not a member of any political party but I think the problem with BN is that they have lost touch with the people and their needs as they have governed since independence. I feel that they have forgotten that government is to serve the people and not the other way around.

Therefore, it is good to have some opposition to ensure that they do not forget this. When one is fearful, then one may work harder for those who voted them in. I am really hoping for this.

I think both sides have good and bad leaders and elected representatives. Therefore, we should vote for the right people and not just the right party. If this happens, then the elected representative will have to work for the rakyat and do the right thing. Then, there will be check and balance.

Am I dreaming? Can this ever be achieved? Even if not but enough people try, then I am sure that we can well be on our way to a better place to live.

Until the next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment